Four course meals, delicious desserts and fine wines make this an especially indulgent time of year for most Americans. We all deserve a chance to enjoy our favorite foods with our family and friends during the holidays. However, this shouldn’t be an excuse to neglect our oral health. Don’t abandon your teeth this holiday season. No one wants to start off the New Year with a toothache. Incorporate our easy mouth healthy suggestions this season and then make an appointment with Dr. Giamberardino for your holiday dental care check –up. Dr. Giamberardino is an experienced and trusted family dentist specializing in preventative dental care. Giamberardino Dental Care proudly serves families throughout Medford, MA, Winchester, Somerville, Malden, Everett, and surrounding communities.
Five Easy Holiday Dental Care Tips
- Be Prepared– If you go to a holiday gathering or take a trip, remember to pack a spare toothbrush, toothpaste and some floss so that you don’t have to skimp on your oral hygiene routine.
- Make Healthy Choices– Make a choice to avoid over indulging in sugary foods and drinks. Plan to fill up on healthy foods first.
- Chew Gum- Keep a pack of sugar-less gum handy. The Xylitol found in sugar-less gum has been shown to help prevent cavities and tooth decay.
- Got Dairy?-Low fat dairy products like milk and cheese contain tooth fortifying calcium. Milk also helps to wash away sugary residue and bacteria.
- Get Dental Care You Need Now– It’s easy to put off or neglect one’s dental care because of the holidays. The extra sugar we consume over this time of year can exacerbate existing dental issues and wreak havoc for your teeth and gums in the New Year. Don’t put off needed holiday dental care.
Taking good care of your teeth is a year round responsibility. Make sure you pay extra attention to protecting your teeth during the holidays, when they can be most vulnerable. Be proactive and make an appointment with Giamberardino Dental Care for your holiday dental care needs. Dr. Giamberardino will help you and your family stay healthy throughout the holiday season. Dr. Giamberardino is a trusted dental care provider conveniently located in Medford, MA, serving patients from Winchester, Somerville, Malden, Everett, and nearby cities.