Have you ever wished for a brighter, whiter smile? If so, you’re certainly not alone. Many patients try to achieve a whiter smile using teeth whitening toothpastes and other over-the-counter “solutions.” However, these patients quickly discover just how ineffective these options can be. The only truly reliable method for whitening your teeth is to schedule a professional teeth whitening appointment with Giamberardino Dental Care today. Dr. Giamberardino is a highly skilled cosmetic dentist, now delivering quality care daily throughout Medford, MA, Winchester, Somerville, Malden, Everett, and the surrounding communities.
Why Do We Need Teeth Whitening?
Our teeth stain and discolor over time for many reasons, including:
- Foods/drinks: Coffee, tea, colas, wines, and certain fruits and vegetables can stain your teeth.
- Tobacco use: Smoking or chewing tobacco can also stain teeth.
- Poor dental hygiene habits: Inadequate brushing and flossing to remove plaque and stain-producing substances can discolor your teeth.
- Disease: Several diseases that affect enamel and dentin can lead to tooth discoloration.
- Taking certain medications: The antibiotics tetracycline and doxycycline are known to discolor teeth when given to children, mouth rinses and washes containing chlorhexidine and cetylpyridinium chloride can also stain teeth, and antihistamines, antipsychotic drugs, and drugs for high blood pressure can also cause tooth discoloration.
- Metal fillings and caps: Some of the materials used in dentistry, such as metal restorations, can cast a gray-black color to teeth.
- Age: As we age, the outer layer of enamel on our teeth wears away, revealing the naturally yellow dentin underneath.
- Genetics: Some people have naturally brighter or thicker enamel.
- Environment: Excessive fluoride either from environmental sources or from excessive use can also cause tooth discoloration.
- Dental trauma: Damage from a fall can disturb enamel formation in young children whose teeth are still developing.
Dr. Giamberardino Offers Convenient and Reliable Teeth Whitening
We offer take home teeth whitening kits formulated with professional grade ingredients for a superior whitening experience. Our take home kit includes custom whitening trays and professional strength bleaching gel so that you can brighten your smile at your leisure in the comfort of your own home. If you have the type of intrinsic discoloration that won’t respond to traditional bleaching methods, we can also offer porcelain veneers which can permanently cover severely or irreversibly discolored teeth.
In any case, you can schedule the professional teeth whitening appointment you need with Giamberardino Dental Care today. Dr. Giamberardino is a trusted cosmetic dentist, now proudly restoring smiles daily throughout Medford, MA, Winchester, Somerville, Malden, Everett, and the neighboring areas.